Out of Comfort Zone/Lack of control

So as I begin the MAPP DTP programme I find myself out of my comfort zone in many ways, I'm excited at the prospect of beginning the course and getting stuck in and developing my professional and personal practice, but am having major house renovations I find myself living away from home at my in-laws with my husband and 2 children... Having just read the Module 1 handbook I feel my anxiety levels increasing and can feel myself starting to feel overwhelmed, but how much of this is due to the lack of home situation? I think a fair chunk of it. Resilience is what's needed, in the grand scheme of things its not the end of the world and is only short term. Maybe I need to take a step back and not try to over plan my next step just see what happens and go with it. I've been able to find a good time within my weekly timetable to work through the course and modules so I guess that's a good first step identifying a time to dedicate myself to the course.
Well I made it through my 1st blog, am sure I'll look back at this in the near future and cringe at what I've written, but its done and Its late now and I've got a whole day of Jazz Technique and rehearsals tomorrow so guess I should turn the laptop off!
Look forward to connecting with more of you soon!
G

Comments

  1. Great to see your first blog post. Hopefully the reflection of the first Module will start to put changes into new contexts and revealing really exciting moments.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts