Inquiry topic, module 2 & twitter

I've read and re read the module 2 handbook and find myself wondering where to go with my research inquiry. I naturally found myself revisiting my module 1 notes and AOLs which helped me identify about 3 areas of research and interest, so how do I choose one? All will inform and be relevant to my current practice, although there is one that I always come back to and think about but what about the others they interest me and I want to know more about then. I think next steps are to consider framework and do some reading around the subjects to see what's been said, What hasn't etc.
Finally I've found a Twitter account that I began to follow towards the end of last year which i have found useful and I thought others might @WriteThatPhd

Comments

  1. I'm in the same place. I have a general area of interest and I'm just sort of letting things percolate while I read to see what shakes out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard isn't it I'm just going to do the same read around my subject and see what happens I did some research around another area but struggled finding literature.
      Found it really useful looking back at my Aols and each time I went back to my notes I found myself adding more to this one subject. Good Luck!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Gary, I totally understand your dilemma! I was the same at the beginning of Module Two. I had my topic sorted out, or so I thought! I had a chat with my Advisor but when i started drafting the essay I found myself always going back to a topic that obviously interested me. My reservations (like I said in the Skype) was that it "was too close to home". I've decided though to go for it, it's worth a inquiry I feel! You may find that if you start jotting down some notes your pen/heart or head (!) may take you somewhere exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts