Moving forwards & confidence & skype

So after making it through module one which I began confused, anxious, stressed and unsure of what I had to do. Upon reflection one element which helped was Reading, re reading and making lots of notes as these helped me collate my thoughts and ideas and move forwards.
As I reached the end of the module I felt an increase in confidence as well as an increase of knowledge. the whole module had confirmed and strengthened my learning, my prior learning and gave me another frame to consider.
I've just come out of the first Skype discussion for the start of the new term and it was refreshing to hear that others had experienced similar things to me and also hearing from people just starting module one that they were feeling the same emotions that I felt back in September.
I guess what I've discovered and learnt is that it's ok not to know things and not to be confident in things, in fact this lack of confidence has given me more confidence as i move into module two. I made it through module 1 so I can male it through module 2, yes it's a process and I'm sure mistakes will be made along the way but that's learning and the intention of the programme to learn, inform and to enhance my practice.
I've just read that back and not sure it all makes sense or is gramatically correct but I'm going to have the 'confidence' to press publish.
I look forward to connecting with more of you throughout the term!

Comments

  1. Hi Garry. Thanks for this post. I have realised we need to connect and help each other more. I was so afraid to say or print the wrong thing and not having faces to speak to on Skype magnifying our voice I have found disconcerting. My intention is to enter into Module 2 with a far more open mind set and embrace and support others more. This will eventually result in greater confidence and the open environment will help our research into Module 2 no doubt. Glad to be back and this time I don't feel so 'alone'! Here we come!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt exactly the same thing re Skype and feel we need to embrace this and not be afraid of contacting others within our module as we can all support one another! Let's do this module looks exciting! X

      Delete
  2. Hi Gary, thank you for your post. I'm loving the positivity from everybody! I really finding the camaraderie quite overwhelming. As I mentioned in our Skype, I felt like a "left-over" as I had to defer but everybody seems to be so supportive of each other, which is comforting. We need this don't we? This journey is unknown and therefore scary to say the least! I find that my confidence is growing slowly, but still has a tendency to get some knock-backs. My mood contributes to this, highs and lows seem to be a frequent for me. This seems to be because of how "satisfied" I am with my work progress. Some days, I just think "what have I learnt?" I have to keep reminding myself that I'm here to learn (like we all are), and that it is only myself that can stop me succeeding . I, am in continual development and it seems, not alone, which is a great feeling! Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes support is key we all need this. I had many highs and lows throughout module 1 but it was the feeling and sense of achievement of doing and completing things in mod 1 which gave me confidence and excitement to move forwards.
      Look forward to connecting further! X

      Delete
    2. Hi Garry! Somehow I never found your blog last module, but I'm very glad I've found it now. I'm smiling at the "having confidence to press publish," because I too like making sure things are just so before I publish. But at a certain point, out it goes and I just have to deal with the imperfections (or even not imperfections, but continuing progress/additions) I'll find later.

      And Sam, you're definitely not a leftover! I wanted to chime in that on the chat but couldn't fit it in. Looking forward to working with you both the coming module(s).

      Delete
  3. Hello Garry, Thank you for writing this, it makes it easier to write myself!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts