Fieldwork observation reflection

Today I undertook some observational research in the studio training environment. At the time I had my doubts about what i was witnessing and the value of it,
I initially found it difficult to look as an outsider (researcher).

It was only when I came to write up in my reflective journal that I truly understood the impact this has and in relation to my research. I realised there was value in it and there is value in all experiences, we learn from every situation and reflecting upon these help process and make sense.

I found myself asking other questions and diverting away from MY question and topic of inquiry (I think this is a good thing!?!?).

Looking forward to doing the same tomorrow in a different setting..it will be interesting to see any trends reappearing.

How's everyones research going?

Comments

Popular Posts