Communication and interpretation

During the Skype I was thinking about communication and the many different ways this happens.
As creatives in the dance sector we are so used to relying on visual cues and movement, images etc to help us communicate/understand, looking at facial expression, body language etc. (for me that's why I'm not a huge fan of the Skype as I'd rather see a face). However in this academic environment of the MA we must bridge that gap and between creative and academia. This for me has been through developing and strengthening my academic voice but not trying to loose my voice within my work.

As I approach the end of module 3 I'm now thinking about my artefact and presentation, whilst the essay report will communicate my ideas in an academic form, the presentation and artefact will allow me to communicate ideas in a different way. During the Skype I found myself 2nd guessing my artefact as it's nothing to do with dance however it demonstrates and hopefully communicates an overriding theme and trend discovered within my inquiry.
For me To communicate this through visual and spoken word will allow me to demonstrate my inquiry findings and experiences in a different way and as we all interpret(and learn) things differently and place our frame upon them.
To me this is true for my practice to be able to communicate on different levels allows students to understanding we must communicate ideas in different forms to allow them to 'learn' and develop. This draws links with previous Skype discussions surrounding learning styles and the way in which we learn, by including different methods it ensures we remain inclusive within our practice.
Sorry waffled on a bit and this ended up being longer than planned... 🤦‍♂️#communicationfail

Comments

  1. Hi! I am truly curious now what your artefact is all about! Best wishes with everything as you close Module 3!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts