Job description

As I revisit my Job Description the list of responsibilities increases, I find myself wondering how I actually have the time to do all of those things. The actual teaching and lesson delivery is a small fraction of my daily routine. Has anyone else discovered this?
But without all of the addition stuff the actual "delivery" and final outcomes would not be possible or achievable.
It's not until you actually sit down and reflect that it all becomes a little clearer.

On other news I've compiled my list of proposed AOLs and requested a 1:1. I've made a mind map which is already branching off into other avenues or im discovering that original idea is fading further away already. I guess that's part of the learning" and reflection process.

Comments

  1. Hi Garry. I know our weekly lives are so hectic and finding time mid-week for reading and study is proving difficult for me with a busy family life as well. The AoL's seem endless as I think over all of the evolvement over so many years and how much I've learnt and not necessary just related to teaching dance and drama. The class management and running a business but mostly doing my best for each individual as well as helping the less able children. I haven't requested the 1-1 yet as still need to collate AoL's further and need to be organised. Have you started to gather Portfolio together yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jane!
      I know family life somewhat takes over (I've 2 small boys 5&7) so of an evening I find it hard someday to gather energy and momentum to do things! Especially after a fill day of teaching.
      As I've mind mapped my Aols I've realised a lot have crossed over into other areas it's also made me reject some original ideas.
      With regards to the portfolio I've not got that far yet, have you? I'm still a bit unsure maybe as to what is needed?! Hope you've had a good weekend!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts